NYCN cancels awards to Dalung, Ganduje, Boroh

The leadership of the National Youth Council of Nigeria NYCN has cancelled awards presented to the Governor of Kano State, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje and the Special Adviser on Presidential Amnesty, Brig-Gen. Paul Boroh (Rtd.), saying the awards were baseless and unfounded. The group explained that the awards did not emanate from its headquarters. It says that a group of people parading itself as members of NYCN conferred the awards on the affected personalities.
A statement issued by the President of the NYCN Chief. Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere and made available to newsmen in Owerri, the Imo state capital on Thursday stated that the justification for the awards was as tenuous as its facilitators. He expressed regret that some impostors masquerading as NYCN leaders were on rampage defrauding the unsuspecting public and ridiculing the gains already made in reforming the council.
The NYCN president said: “In any case, the said Governor of Kano State and the Amnesty Coordinator have so far performed poorly in their assignments and as such, not qualified to be honoured with the prestigious awards of the Council.
“The council is deeply concerned about the rising poverty and unemployment rate in Kano state. More worrisome is the rampant and unbridled abuse of drugs by young people in the state. The Governor has clearly shown a lack of capacity to tackle the menace and therefore cannot be honored by the same youth, he has shown a total lack of capacity to give direction and improve their situations.
On Brig-Gen Boroh, the leadership of the council observed that the Amnesty Programme under the current coordinator has nose-dived and youth restiveness and militancy have been on the increase as a result of the incompetence of the coordinator to inject life into the Amnesty programme.
“If Boroh and Ganduje had been spending the resources and time they use in pursuing unmerited award from impostors to tackle the growing problem of youth militancy and poverty in the Niger Delta and Kano, Nigeria would not have gone into deep recession which was caused by lack of capacity by many persons in government”.
The NYCN president also raised alarm over alleged plans to destabilize the leadership of the council for vowing to remain independent and away from the whims and caprices of politicians and unscrupulous state actors.
He also accused the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, (SGF) Engr. David Babachir and the Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung for abuse of office by supporting the ongoing plot to destabilize the council by refusing to obey the judgement of the FCT High Court presided over by Justice Ashi which declared his group as the official and authentic leadership of the NYCN.