President-elect Tinubu returns after one month in France

By Tom Okpe
The President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, returned to the country on Monday, (yesterday) ahead of the May 29 swearing ceremony and hand-over exercise.
Tinubu who travelled to Europe for a rest and to perform the lesser Hajj, was also, expected to plan his transition programme, arrived the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in his private jet which touched ground at exactly 4.30pm.
He was received by associates and supporters who thronged the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja including Nuhu Ribadu, a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC).
The President-elect was in the company of his wife, Senator Remi Tinubu, and son, Seyi Tinubu.
Also to receive him at the airport were Vice President-elect, Kashim Shettima, House of Representatives Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila as well as Governors Simon Lalong (Plateau) and Abubakar Sani-Bello, (Niger) along former Borno State Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff, APC Deputy National Chairman, North, Senator Abubakar Kyari, Deputy National Chairman, South, Barrister Emma Enekwu, and National Woman Leader, Dr Betta Edu.
There were also Senators Barau Jibril, Adeola Olamilekan Yahyi, Opeyemi Bamidele, Dayo Adeyeye, Sabi Abdullahi and Adelere Oriolowo as well as Secretary of the recently-dissolved Presidential Campaign Council, James Faleke, Babajimi Benson and Bayo Onanuga, Director of media and publicity in the dissolved Presidential Campaign Council.
According to Tunde Rahman, Media Director, Office of the President-elect, Tinubu while speaking to the crowd in his Asokoro residence where he drove to, from the Airport said: “I’m happy to be back. I have rested, I’m refreshed and I’m ready for the task ahead.
“Forget about what the rumour mill may have told you. I am strong, very strong.”
Asked about his plans for the country, he said; “I ‘ve been consulting and planning with a view to putting together a strong team so we could hit the ground running once, I assume office on May 29.”
The President-elect left the country on March 21 for Paris on a vacation after a hectic campaign and election season.
Rahman had earlier said in a statement that Tinubu took a break after the hectic campaign and election season to rest in Paris and London, where he will proceed to Saudi Arabia for Umrah, (Lesser Hajj) and the Ramadan fast, that just ended.
While away, he said: “The President-elect will also use the opportunity to plan his transition programme.
READ ALSO: Okowa condoles Ihedioha over mother’s death
“He has directed all the senior aides and campaign staff to also, go and observe a short rest.
“He is expected back in the country soon. We enjoin the media to stop publishing rumours and unsubstantiated claims and to always seek clarifications from our office,” he stated in the statement.