News

NCC debunks membership of Etisalat’s new management board

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has declared that it was not among the members of the new board of Etisalat.

The Director of Public Affairs, NCC, Mr Tony Ojobo said this in a statement made available to Daily Times on Saturday in Lagos.

Ojobo said that the attention of the commission had been drawn to a report by some media organisations to the effect that NCC was represented on the new Board of Etisalat.

“The commission hereby makes it clear that it is not on the Board of Etisalat.

“As the regulator of the telecommunications sector, there was a recommendation suggesting that NCC should be on the new board of the company but the commission declined.

“The NCC considered it necessary to bring this to the attention of the general public,” he said.

It will be recalled that Etisalat Nigeria on Tuesday, July 4, confirmed the appointment of Boye Olusanya, as its Chief Executive Officer, replacing Mr Matthew Willsher, who stepped down as the CEO on Monday, July 3.

It also appointed Mrs Funke Ighodaro as the Chief Finance Officer, to take over from Mr Olawole Obasunloye, who also resigned on July 3.

As part of the agreement reached for a seamless transition, a Deputy Governor of the Central Bank, Dr Joseph Nnanna, was appointed the Chairman of the board, taking over from Hakeem Bello-Osagie, who resigned.

Other members of the board include Mr Oluseyi Bickersteth, Mr Ken Igbokwe, Mr Boye Olusanya and Mrs Funke Ighodaro.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply