N.2 million bill: Again, hospitalised domestic gas explosion victim begs for financial help in Asaba
Two months after Asaba domestic gas explosion victim, Mr. Moses Lucky, was declared fit and discharged, management of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Asaba are still having him under detention for his inability to clear the N200,000 medical bill incurred.
The victim, who is currently in bed at the orthopedic ward of the FMC, Asaba, following a domestic explosion which left him at a life threatening degree of burns at about 8am on January 8, 2017, has again appealed to well meaning Nigerians to come to his aid to clear the incurred bill running into well over N200,000 which he is unable to settle.
When our reporter visited the victim, he disclosed that he had been discharged and certified healthy by the management of the FMC but was detained as he failed to meet up with the financial cost incurred. Recounting the explosion ordeal, the victim, who is a laundry man and an indigene of Issele-Mkpitime in Aniocha North local government area of the state said he woke up like every other day and was preparing for work when the incident occurred.
He said, “I decided to prepare breakfast. When I entered the kitchen, unaware of the gas leakage, I struck a match and just like in the movies, the whole place exploded before my eyes. Safe for my neighbours who rushed to my aid and took me to this hospital immediately, I don’t believe I would have survived.
“I have been in this place for about four months. I have not been working. Unless well meaning Nigerians come to my aid, I will be grounded for a long time. I have appealed to friends and family but financial efforts so far has not being encouraging,” he added.
Recall that the victim had earlier, through an SOS published called for help but this has proved unhelpful in resolving the issue.