News

Bauchi confirms second case of COVID -19

Bauchi

The Bauchi state government has confirmed one additional case of COVID-19 virus disease in the state.

Commissioner for Health, Aliyu Maigoro, who disclosed this while briefing journalists said that the second case that tested positive to the COVID-19 was a 62 –year-old friend of Governor Bala Mohammed.

“Today, the March 26 as part of our ongoing daily briefings we are here to brief you about the current happening in Bauchi state. We have taken 47 samples of high risk patients to Abuja; that is from day one up to this time when the first index case was confirmed,” the commissioner said.

He explained that out of the 47 samples, 37 returned negative while the results of nine samples are been awaited, adding that “so, as from today we have two confirmed cases of COVID -19 in Bauchi state and we have not recorded any death so far.”

Maigoro, who said that the two indexed cases that have been discovered in the state are not showing any signs or symptoms as at the time of the press briefing, noted that the first index case is doing well and looking extremely healthy.

COVID -19: Osun announces closure of borders

“Up to this time, there is no sign or symptoms suggestive of COVID -19 in him, except the confirmatory result. So, he is still in isolation and we are following the vital science and other case management of this patient,” the commissioner pointed out.

He said that the second case has also been isolated and has already started receiving management as well as any other supportive case management.

“So, apart from that, we are still continuing with our other activities, surveillance as well as contact tracing. We are contacting the primary contacts of the first case and we are taking samples to Abuja to know their situation,” Maigoro revealed.

The commissioner, who added that they have started contacting the contacts of the second case to take their samples to Abuja for analysis, assured the people of the state that the state government is ready to contain the disease from further spreading.

“We are making a lot of efforts to make sure that we curb the spread of this disease in the state. So far, we have identified three areas where we are going to hold these patients, the specialist hospital, the teaching hospital and the General Hospital, Bayara. For now, we have only two cases on admission.

“We have divided the case management into case management, surveillance, risk communication and sensitization as well as other related activities,” he added.

The health commissioner said that the state government has purchased consumables, adding that government is opening up to partners who are willing to support the state in winning the war against COVID-19.

“The deputy governor of Bauchi state has directed me to announce to philanthropists in the state as well as partners that our doors are opened for support,” he said.

The commissioner called on the people of the state not to despair as the state government is doing everything possible to contain the spread of the pandemic.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply