News

Why only NCDC is breaking news on Coronavirus discoveries in states

Ado Ekit – The Ekiti Commissioner for Health, Dr Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, says the need to maintain proper co-ordination and accurate harmonisation of information, made the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the only anchor of updates regarding Coronavirus discoveries in states.

She said on Wednesday in Ado-Ekiti that such diligence prosecution of events surrounding Coronavirus made distortions totally impossible, as all cases would have to be proven beyond doubts.

Yaya-Kolade said that though states still had a great role to play in the entire process, their initial job, however, stops at identfying suspected cases of victims.

She said they were also expected to send blood samples and other necessary information to the NCDC and other appropriate quarters for further screening and then wait for final results.

UN defends WHO against allegation of being China-centric on COVID-19

According to her, such suspected cases are thereafter kept in designated states’ isolation centres where they are observed and later moved to treatment centres, until certified free.

The commissiober commended the NCDC for living up to its mandate since the virus outbreak was first reported in the country.

She said the professional way the NCDC had handled its activities helped in no small measure in tackling the disease substantially.

Yaya-Kolade said the Ekiti State Infectious Disease Control Centre, Ado-Ekiti, had been forthcoming in the treatment of the two index cases so far recorded in the state.

She said that Gov. Kayode Fayemi, also the Chairman of the state’s Taskforce on COVID-19, had not left any stone unturned in the effective management of the disease, and in in creating awareness campaigns.

She said the government also took precautionary measures, such as restriction of movement, imposition of curfew and closure of Ekiti boundaries with other states, among several others.

She said the state was closely monitoring the 41 contacts that had been put in self-isolation.

The commissioner, who confirmed the reality and seriousness of Coronavirus, urged residents to follow guidelines put in place by government to curtail its spread in Ekiti.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply