Touts clash at Hamburger’s burial

Touts on Friday clashed while the late Rasaq Bello popularly known as Hamburger was laid to rest in his house at Shogunle.
His supporters were said to have gone violent when his remains were conveyed to his residence at Shogunle for internment.
late Hamburger until his death was the motorcycle Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers Shogunle Unit.
Investigation at the venue of his burial revealed that all shops were under lock and key and the streets completely deserted following announcement that the NURTW big man will be laid to rest.
The Daily Times gathered that the burial which was peacefully turned sour when suddenly a fight broke out when Hamburger’s corpse was about to be interned leading to injuries .
Steak no on the incident, the NURTW secretary Mr. Tijani Pekis debunked claims that lives were lost during the protest. He said, ” The fight was just an expression of anger among members after the corpse was brought in for burial. Members were angry and upset. It is not a fight against rivals. Nobody was killed . Everything went successful but for the expression of anger “.
Concerned about the development, Mr. Pekis called on the police and other security agents to protect the lives of the Union members .
” The lives of those that witnessed the incident is in danger and we call on the police and other relevant agencies to protect them “.
It had been reported that Hamburger was shot to death on Monday during the Councillorship primaries in Shogunle.
His killing has however caused tension in the community and neighbouring Oshodi as shop owners have closed down their business while residents have relocated over fear of possible reprisal attack.
Some residents who raised concern on the issue called on security personnel to do more to protect lives and properties.
A business owner who identified herself as mama Peju said. ” Since they killed Hamburger on Monday, I and other shop owners have not opened our shops. We are scared that there will be reprisal attacks. We call on government to beef up security in the community as we want to return to our business where we get our daily bread “.
Similarly, another resident who identified herself as Kenny said ” I had to run away with my family from Shogunle. We heard they were coming to burn our house and shoot us because one of the persons they suspect to have killed Hamburger live in our house. I don’t know when we will return to Shogunle “.
The Commissioner of Police has however deployed police patrol teams, men of the Metro patrol and Rapid Response Squad to the area.
They were seen stationed in strategic points to maintain law and order in the area.