Headlines News Nigeria

There Won't Be Post-Election Violence, Col. Bello Assures

Former military governor of old Kano State, Colonel Sani Bello on Saturday gave assurance that Nigeria will not experience post-election violence.

Colonel Bello, who is also the father of  the state’s governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), told newsmen after he was accredited at the Alkali Mustapha unit in Kontagora that the peace accord signed by the two leading Presidential candidates and other political party leaders would work.
He said: “With the peaceful conduct of the exercise, the cordial conduct of the electoral officers and orderliness of the people are all indication that we all have agreed to ensure that the peace accord works. I strongly believe the post-election will be peaceful”.

Bello commended the electoral process so far and scored the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) high in the conduct of the elections.

The former military leader noted that the accreditation exercise was hitch-free in Kontagora saying, “if what obtained here is what happened all over Niger State, I think we should commend the electoral body.

“Though I learnt there are few polling units that got their materials late, but my overall assessment is that INEC should be commended. Though INEC cannot get 100 percent, with what is on ground, INEC would have scored 70 percent.

“So far the conduct has been peaceful. People are conducting themselves well while INEC officials are equally courteous. So far the exercise is excellent,” Bello stated.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply