Nigeria, a country known for its rich cultural heritage and diverse population, has a long history of producing exceptional individuals who have made significant contributions in various fields.
To celebrate and commemorate these achievements, Nigerian Books of record has helped to fill the gaps thanks to it widely acceptance nationwide.
Going by publications on vanguard newspaper, When His Excellency. Gov. Raji Fashola said that the book is the first of it kind, he further said “Atleast we Nigerians can keep our records to serve as a testament to our excellence, ingenuity, and remarkable feats accomplish, both at home and abroad.”
NBR encompasses a wide range of categories, including academic achievements, professional accomplishments, sports records, artistic endeavors, and entrepreneurial success, among others which also include religious leaders across board.
NBR aim to document, preserve, and acknowledge the outstanding accomplishments of Nigerians in different spheres of life. They serve as a source of inspiration and motivation for future generations, encouraging them to strive for excellence and reach their full potential.
NBR focuses on the following recognition amongst many others.
- Recognition of Academic Excellence.” This book recognizes the academic achievements of Nigerian students and scholars who have excelled in their chosen fields of study. It includes records of individuals who have obtained exceptional grades or set academic records at various levels, such as primary, secondary, and tertiary education. The book celebrates the intellectual prowess of Nigerians and serves as a reference for educational institutions and employers seeking top talent.
- Recognition of exploits in the realm of sports: this highlights the remarkable achievements of Nigerian athletes. It documents records set in various sports disciplines, including athletics, football, basketball, boxing, and many others. From Olympic medalists to world champions, this book showcases the incredible talent and dedication of Nigerian sportsmen and sportswomen, raising national pride and inspiring aspiring athletes.
- Recognition of exploits in Creative Arts: this recognizes exceptional talent and creativity in the arts. It includes records of Nigerian artists, musicians, writers, and performers who have achieved notable success in their respective fields. From award-winning novels and poetry collections to internationally acclaimed visual artists and musicians, this book celebrates the cultural vibrancy and artistic diversity of Nigeria.
- NBR also acknowledges entrepreneurial achievements and business success. It showcases individuals who have started and built successful businesses, contributing to economic growth and job creation. It features stories of Nigerian entrepreneurs who have made significant impacts in various industries, such as technology, agriculture, fashion, and manufacturing. These records inspire aspiring entrepreneurs and provide valuable insights into the world of business.
- The Nigerian Books of Record also recognizes and celebrates exceptional exploits in governance within Nigeria. It serves as a platform to acknowledge and honour individuals, organizations, and governmental bodies that have made significant contributions to the nation’s development and progress through their exemplary governance practices. These records serve as a testament to the commitment, dedication, and visionary leadership demonstrated by these outstanding figures.
The Nigerian Books of Record (NBR) meticulously document various achievements, such as the implementation of effective policies, successful governance strategies, and transformative initiatives that have positively impacted the lives of Nigerians. They highlight the exemplary efforts of governors, ministers, public officials, and other stakeholders who have shown exceptional skills in fostering good governance, transparency, accountability, and sustainable development. By recognizing these achievements, the Nigerian Books of Record not only inspire others to emulate such remarkable feats but also provide a historical record of the nation’s progress and a benchmark for future governance endeavors.
Some of eminent Nigerians that have been inducted into the Nigerian Books of Record include Pastor Enoch Adeboye, President Muhammadu Buhari, Pastor Kumuyi, Dr. Joe Odumakin, Mabel Oboh, Dr. Tinuade Sanda, Chibuzor Gift Chinyere, Josephine Oboh-Macleod, Blossom Maduafokwa, Oluwaseun Olaegbe, John Oboh and King Steve Benjamin (KSB), Dr. Godwin Akpan Amaowoh, the man who propounded the political theory known today as Tupocracy, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Olubukola Mary Akinpelu ( Mylifeassugar) and a host of others who have done great things to make Nigeria shine.
The NBR is not only significant for recognizing individual achievements but also for promoting national identity and unity. The books serve as a reminder of the immense potential and capacity of Nigerians to excel in all areas of endeavour. By highlighting the achievements of Nigerians across different fields, The Nigerian Books of Record instill a sense of pride and inspire young Nigerians to dream big and work hard to achieve their goals.
To ensure credibility and accuracy, The Nigerian Books of Record are maintained and updated by the mother organisation, Nigerian Books of Record Research Center, Abuja in collaboration with government agencies and professional bodies. They employ rigorous verification processes through their liaison officers across the 36 states of Nigeria to confirm the authenticity of the records and ensure that only the most deserving individuals are included.
In conclusion, The Nigerian Books of Records play a crucial role in celebrating and recognizing the excellence and achievements of Nigerians and serve as a source of inspiration, motivation, and national pride, highlighting the incredible talent, hard work, and dedication of individuals who have made significant contributions to various fields.
The Nigerian Books of Record not only honour the past but also inspire future.