News

2020 UTME: No result cancelled, says JAMB

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has debunked claims making the round in some quarters that results of its 2020 UTME taken on Saturday, March 14 and Monday, March 16 had been cancelled.

JAMB

Describing the rumours as rumour as wicked, malicious and misleading, JAMB, Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, said that the rumours were the handiwork of fraudsters and should be disregarded.
This was contained in a statement made available to journalists on Wednesday.

He said, “JAMB wishes to reassure all candidates who have written this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) so far that it has not cancelled any of its examination or results.

”All results that have been released so far are intact and therefore there is no need for any panic whatsoever.

The results of the first day was placed on the website and some fraudulent individuals were coping and manipulating it to deceive unsuspecting candidates hence our decision to move it to the mobile platform for candidates to use their unique phone numbers used in registering for the examination to access their results.

READ ALSO: ICPC begins compilation of abandoned constituency projects in Delta

“The result of the over 450,000 candidates who sat on Tuesday will also be released before 12noon today(Wednesday).

“We urge the public to always cross check information provided on social media”, he stated.

Recall that the board on Monday, released results of 312,000 candidates who sat for the exam on Saturday.

However, candidates who were not able to check yesterday and those who wrote yesterday, have been unable to access their results.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply