2019: Group buys N22.5m nomination form for Gov Ganduje

A Pro-Buhari/Ganduje support group, under the auspices of 1 to tell 10, on Monday in Kano, procured N22.5 million, All Progressives Congress (APC) Gubernatorial Nomination/statement of interest form for Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje during a grand ceremony held at the state government house.
The coalition, comprising 32 various groups, spent the whooping sum for the procurement of the form to enable Gov. Ganduje contest for a second term in the 2019 general elections.
Speaking on the occasion, Leader of the group, Yaguda Abdulaziz, said the youths in the state deemed it necessary to rally round their support for Governor Ganduje considering his tremendous achievements in various youth empowerment programmes embarked upon by the Ganduje’s administration.
According to him, the Governor has added value to the lives of many youths in the state, as such the gesture is to reciprocate Ganduje’s efforts towards eradicating poverty and joblessness among the youths in the state.
“We are gathered here today to show our appreciation to our Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje for transforming the lives of our youths in the state.
“You are fully aware that, lots of youths in Kano have found new meaning to life under Governor Ganduje as a result of his empowerment programmes aimed at eradicating idleness among the youths of the state.
“The purchase of this form today, is to show our support for the Governor, and it’s not all about the form, but we would ensure each one of us generate 10 new votes for Ganduje and President Muhammadu Buhari,” said the group.
Overwhelmed with Joy, Governor Ganduje said the move is timely as he was beginning to consider selling off his live stocks to generate the funds needed for the purchase of the nomination form.
“I must tell you that this move today, is timely as I was already making moves to sell my cows as I have given directives to my relatives at the village to do so,” said the Governor.
Ganduje applauded the gesture from the youths noting that, it’s a clear indication his administration has impacted positively in the lives of the youths who are the back bone of every progressive society.
“I am most delighted by this gesture of yours to take responsibility of getting me the nomination and statement of interest form.
“I have accepted your call to re-contest for a second term in office, and I assure you that I remain committed to meaningful projects that would sustain the tempo of what we have done so far,” Governor Ganduje said.
Furthermore, the Governor disclosed that over one million youths contributed, tasking them to do their possible best to ensure that the party emerges victorious in the forthcoming elections.